As a global organization with legal entities in 71 different countries and over 110,000 employees, Atos recognizes the importance of data privacy for our customers and employees alike. We understand that by allowing us to process your data we must be vigilant in our security and data privacy practices. Atos will adhere to its internal policies, procedures, and Binding Corporate Rules, while continuing to stay up to date on the latest privacy laws worldwide.
Our Privacy Notice informs you about Atos’s privacy practices and of the choices you can make regarding the processing of your data, and how to exercise your rights in relation to your personal data. This Privacy Notice applies to all Atos Entities Globally and its affiliates. Atos may provide additional data privacy notices to applicable laws for specific territories and regions. Those privacy policies can be found on country specific pages and are to be read in conjunction with this privacy notice.
Atos’s privacy notice does not apply to any personal data we process on behalf of our clients. The data processing contracts that we have with our clients dictate how we are to process your personal data on our clients’ behalf. If you are a customer or employee of one of Atos’s clients and have questions or concerns pertaining to the processing of your personal data, we recommend that you contact them directly.
What is personal data?
Personal data may be any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as a name, identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to that natural person.
Your personal data can be collected either directly or indirectly.
It can be collected directly when, for instance, you voluntarily submit it for subscribing to our newsletter online, or when completing the website contact form. When accessing these pages, you will be provided information about the collection of your personal data and will be able to give – or decline to give – your consent.
To provide such information, we collect – or may collect – your name, telephone number, e-mail address, job title, Company, country, and any other data that you might communicate in your message.
Your personal data can be collected indirectly when using cookies on our website and other technologies. Atos intends to collect information such as the number of visitors, as well as user’s last visit date and consulted page and visit duration. Please refer to the “cookies and other tracking technologies” for additional information.
If you interact with us in response to marketing activities, such as an email campaign, we will be able to access certain information about such interaction, such as the nature of your response.
Atos is a worldwide organization. Therefore, please consider that we have distinct legal entities, country affiliates and subsidiaries in many parts of the world. Our internal processes and infrastructure are international in scope and nature and will cross country borders. Therefore, you should be aware that we may share your personal data with other entities of Atos and transfer it to countries in different parts of the world where we have data centers or where we do business, including those located outside the European Union (EU). The international transfer of personal data will be covered by Atos standards as set forth in the Atos Binding Corporate Rules.
Purpose of Processing
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- We use your identification data to enable you to (a) contact us via the website, (b) receive marketing related emails based on information you request on our website.
These pieces of personal data are collected when you subscribe to a newsletter, when you get in contact with an Atos representative, or want to receive a white paper. This data will be used to provide you with the requested services or materials and can be used for further processing for marketing purposes with your explicit consent.
Your interests regarding collection:
- Get access to personalized and precise information when you ask for it.
- Receive our newsletter when you explicitly give your consent for it.
- Receive a white paper when you ask for it.
- Be provided with requested services or materials.
- Present you Atos’s new products and/or services if you have explicitly given your consent to receive such information.
We may also use your data for marketing purposes when we have either gathered prior opt in consent and/or have a legitimate interest, where applicable, to send you communications which we believe to be relevant and of use to you.
The standard period for which we process your personal data is shown in the table below:
|Category of data||Data retention period|
|Identification Data||2 years|
|Anonymized browsing data||2 years|
Accuracy, Relevance and Security of Your Personal Data
As stated in our BCRs, any personal data processed by Atos is kept on secure servers. Atos uses reasonable administrative, technical, personnel, and physical measures to safeguard personal data against loss, unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or modification and to ensure the integrity of the personal data. Additionally, Atos ensures to process your personal data only for the purposes mentioned in this privacy notice and to keep data no longer than necessary.
Who can access your personal data?
Your personal data can be accessed by:
- Our external service providers such as Triblio (advertising), Marketo (marketing automation) and Salesforce (customer relationship management solution) which have been specifically authorized to store Data. You can access Salesforce’s certifications standards and regulations which contain Salesforce’s personal data protection policy here, Triblio GDPR FAQs here, Marketo privacy notice here and Google Cloud GDPR here.
- Atos employees that have been formally authorized.
- The right to information regarding how your personal data is processed.
- The right of access your personal data processed by Atos.
- The right to erasure which allows you to require your personal data to be deleted by Atos.
- The right to restriction of processing which allows you to control how your data is processed.
- The right to object the processing of your personal data which means that you can require that Atos ceases to process your personal data.
- The right to rectification which allows for modification of your personal data being processed by Atos.
You may also have the right to ask for a portable format of your personal data or restrict or object to the processing of your personal data. To exercise these rights , please complete this online form to contact the Atos Data Protection Office. For any other queries contact us here.
Atos is committed to comply with the EU Directive on privacy in electronic communications. For this purpose, we have developed the following notice which intends to give you all the keys to manage the cookies we use while you’re visiting our website.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
What is a Cookie? Cookies are small files which are downloaded on to a device when the user accesses certain websites. The piece of information is then sent to the original website when the user visits the page again or when he/she visits a website that recognizes the cookie. Cookies allow a website to recognize users, to understand the users’ navigation on different websites, thus facilitating user’s navigation, save his/her preferences and improving his/her utilization of the website. Cookies can have different objectives and utilities. For more information about cookies, visit the following websites: www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
Atos Cookies. We intend to ensure that you enjoy your experience on our website. For this reason, when visiting our website, cookies are installed on the computer. When surfing our website(s), data logs of your surfing activity may be collected with the purpose of understanding aggregate usage of features. For this purpose we use Matomo and Marketo.
In order to optimize the website for future usage, we use the web analysis tool Matomo. This enables us the analysis of your usage of the website. It is not possible to attribute the hereby collected data to any distinct person. The noted IP-address is anonymized immediately. After temporarily securing the shortened IP-address for the purpose of analysis of user behaviour it will be deleted completely. Without this data, we would not be able to provide you the service we are currently offering to you. Your data will be used only to improve the user experience on our website and help you find the information you are looking for.
Purpose of the Cookies. Please note that these settings are only valid for the pages created and owned by Atos. When we imbed a link to external websites and that you click on these links you leave our website and therefore the settings and policy applying to our website no longer applies. You should consider the new website cookies policy and settings.
Types of Cookies
Session cookie or permanent cookie
- ‘Session’ cookies remain in your browser during your browser session only, i.e. until you leave the website.
- ‘Persistent’ cookies remain in your browser after the session (unless deleted by you).
- Necessary Cookies – There are essential for the user navigation and allow to give access to certain functionalities such as secured zones accesses. Without these cookies, it won’t be possible to provide the service.
- Performance Cookies – Collect information about your use of the website, such as webpages visited and any error messages; they do not collect personally identifiable information, and the information collected is aggregated such that it is anonymous. Performance cookies are used to improve how a website works.
- Functionality Cookies- Allow the website to remember any choices you make about the website (such as changes to text size, customized pages, user name, language) or enable services such as commenting on a blog.
- Targeting Cookies – Cookies used to deliver advertisements more relevant for you, limit the number of times you see an advertisement; help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign; and understand people’s behaviour after they view an advertisement.
First Party/ Third Party Cookies
- First party cookies are set and used uniquely by Atos
- Third party cookies are either set-up by and/or used by a third party, other an Atos
To manage your cookie preferences, please click here.